A.T.M.A.T.® supports reproductive and digestive health. This gentle external treatment incorporates specific abdominal massage techniques into your full body massage. Dr. Rosita Arvigo, wove together western massage skills and blended them with the ancient wisdom of traditional Mayan healers, Don Elijio Panti and Miss Hortense to create a unique hybrid treatment that has proven successful for a wide variety of abdominal, pelvic and energetic symptoms.
Arvigo® Therapy is best known for addressing misalignment or congestion in the reproductive and digestive organs of both women and men throughout our life span. Gentle abdominal massage is performed to gently guide and support organs back into their optimal position, which allows the return to optimal function and wellness. It eliminates tissue congestion and organ constriction to improve the vital flows of energy, blood, lymph, nerve innervation to the abdominal and pelvic organs and it releases emotional and energetic patterns of tension. This helps to prevent the progression of chronic disease symptoms while improving the body’s capacity to re-harmonize itself.
The following are the most common symptoms and conditions that Arvigo® Therapy can help address:
- Digestive disorders (Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease, Gastritis, Constipation, Indigestion, etc.)
- Muscular Tension
- Urinary System (incontinence, frequent urinary infections, etc.)
- Fertility Enhancement
- Post-Surgical (scar tissue, recovery, etc.)
- Menstrual Disorders (painful/irregular periods)
- Pre-Conception through Postpartum
- C-section / hysterectomy surgery recovery
- Pelvic Organ Congestion (endometriosis, cysts, fibroids)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Chronic bladder/yeast infections
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Early stages of BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy)
- Prostatitis (mild)
- Impotence, Erectile Dysfunction
What to Expect During an Arvigo® Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy Session?
- A comprehensive review of your past and current health.
- Upper and lower abdominal massage to help:
o Align reproductive and abdominal organs to their optimal position
o Improve circulation to organs
o Promote vital flow to support the body’s inherent healing capacity
- Evaluation of and application of bodywork to improve the alignment of the spine
- Instruction in self-care massage to empower you to maintain the gains achieved during your ATMAT® session and enhance your health through regular self-care massage practice.
- Recommendations of complimentary support practices which may include:
o Faja – a traditional lower abdomen support wrap
o Bajos – traditional herbal pelvic steam bath of the Maya
o Castor oil packs
o Lifestyle education
Typically, 2-3 professional sessions (at a minimum) are required to address most conditions. Clients who perform their self-care massage on a routine basis report faster improvements in their symptoms.
“The female pelvis is a powerhouse of energy transformation; the very throne of creation through which universal creative energy patterns course and flow. This depends on balance within the system”.
– Dr. Rosita Arvigo D.N. (www.arvigotherapy.com)