We are delighted to announce Empower Health will be hosting Dr. Joel Kailia on December 27 & 28. Dr Kailia is a GP specialist in chronic pain and addictions from Nelson, BC. He has been treating chronic pain for 15 years and has been doing ultrasound-guided pain procedures for the last five years with great success.
Dr. Kailia received a Bachelor of Science from McGill University in physiology and psychology and a master’s degree from the University of Toronto in neuroscience and the study of pain. He trained in family medicine at UBC and shortly afterward moved to Nelson.
In 2008 Dr. Kailia started a Community First Medical Clinic with a mandate to help those who had been marginalized by our current healthcare system. He has also helped to start two other medical clinics — the Mend Clinic for students at L.V. Rogers High School and the 10th Street Clinic for Opiate Replacement in Castlegar.
Dr. Kailia opened RISE BC Wellness Centre in 2016. This is a multidisciplinary clinic for patients in the Kootenay Boundary region with chronic pain issues.
When he’s not in the clinic Dr. Kailia can be found riding his bicycle, doing yoga, skiing and enjoying the great outdoors in the Kootenays.
Following are the list of insurance covered services:
- Trigger point injections to tight muscles – any pain of muscular origin.
- MyoActivation injections for painful conditions – any pain of nerve or muscular origin
- Non-surgical carpal tunnel syndrome treatment – Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint injections with cortisone, magnesium – arthritis, joint pain
- Lumbar Epidural injections for spinal stenosis, with or without cortisone – lumbar spinal stenosis
- Diagnostic spinal blocks – neck, thoracic or lumbar pain of presumed spinal origin
- Nerve blocks for diagnosis and treatment of neuropathic pain – pain from damaged nerves
- Medical cannabis assessment and opinion – any painful condition
Private-Pay Only Services:
- Botox injections for chronic pain, muscle spasms
- Paperwork for medical cannabis applications
Dr. Kailia’s schedule is filling quickly so please call our office at 604-336-2844 to book your appointment.