From simple relaxation to critical injury rehabilitation and everything in between, Massage Therapy is a powerful, proven method for helping people return to or maintain a healthy active life!
Hi! I’m Tricia Lovegrove, a member of the Hands on Therapy team at Empower Health and I’ve been practicing Massage Therapy since 1998, treating over 5000 patients with a wide variety of conditions. Despite the increase in popularity of this treatment over the last few years there are some common misunderstandings about how Massage Therapy works. So I have put together this two-part series of FAQs to help you get the most from your Massage Therapy experience. Enjoy!
What can Massage Therapy do for you?
In general, massage therapy can:
- Help to improve blood and lymph circulation
- Help to ease muscle tension and pain
- Assist in post-operative and post-traumatic healing,
- Help to reduce joint stiffness
- Help to calm agitated babies
- Assist in keeping scar tissue supple and also help to make old scars more mobile
- Enhance warm-up and cool-down routines in sports
What specific conditions respond to Massage Therapy?
There are numerous conditions that respond to Massage Therapy. Some of the more commonly treated complaints include:
- Neck, shoulder and back pain
- Whiplash-related issues
- Some neurological conditions, such as Cerebral Palsy and Multiple Sclerosis. (note: while Massage Therapy will not cure CP and MS, it will help relieve signs and symptoms.)
The fact that I can support my clients with the most effective methods that I have learned over my many years of practice as well as offer them access to a range of high quality, complimentary services and products that will accelerate their healing process is the best reward of being part of the team at Empower Health!
In the meantime use our easy and convenient online booking system to schedule your session with me or call 604-336-2844.